Monday, December 29, 2014

All Work and No Play.

I know, I know, I've been too quiet lately! I'm sorry, but life got in the way for a bit. I think I've managed to get everything taken care of (momentarily), so maybe I can concentrate on more important things for a while.

I've been doing some recording/production work for my buddy, Skip Oliver. Skip has written a few songs of his own and is ready to get them on album, so the Project and I have been helping with the backing tracks while I've been working on the production end. It's actually a lot of fun, telling people what to do! Anyway, I've been bouncing between Skip and a show I recorded for Jason Carter & the Healers, where Kenny Brown made a surprise appearance and sat in with the band, so I've been busy as hell. Luckily, I delivered Jason's project in time for Christmas, so I can finish up Skip and get started on our next album. 

Speaking of next album, I'm doing a special New Year's Eve show at JugTown Grill in Aberdeen. The evening features Shane Tubbs, Robbie Ross of Seeking Seven, and myself doing a Bluebird Café-style Round Robin Singer-Songwriter show. The twist is the multi-genre evening, with Shane performing his country songs, Robbie his rock songs, and me "brangin' the blues", and all of us playing the others' music. And to add to it, I'm gonna record the entire evening. We may even have video for the night.

Oh, and it's free. No cover charge for the evening.

I do know that there will be a song premier or two.

The show starts at 8:30. Seating is limited and first come, first served.

I can't wait! As my youngest son likes say, "It's gonna be epic, dad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment