Thursday, June 26, 2014

Do You Think You Have What It Takes?

Those of you who know me personally know that I'm a graphic artist and have been for going on 20 years. I've been pretty successful in my "career" (I used quotes because I see design as my part-time job between gigs!) and have managed to (more or less) support myself and my boys as a designer.

Over the years I have designed some really cool pieces, from logos to business cards to magazine ads, even graphics used on local television, and I look back proud of my work. As you can guess, all design work for the Project is by me.

Foosh's wife, Deb, is always around with a camera and she has the most amazing eye for photography. She'll walk around and take sometimes hundreds of pictures, and there are always quite a few "usable" stills to choose from to generate ideas for some of the designs I do. It's nice having a large pot to choose from, especially with design. She just let's me have at them when she's done. Love that woman!

Most of the time, inspiration for a design comes pretty quick, like the Project logo. I have about 10 minutes worth of work in the logo design, and I think it's probably one of my best designs. I'm probably biased, though.

Sometimes, though, the ideas don't come flooding to you, as is the case with a t-shirt (remember, Kevin, there is an R in the word shiRt!) design for the band. I have had a few mediocre ideas, but for the most part they've all been crap, so I've decided to turn to you.

That's right, I'm announcing a KWP T-Shirt Design Contest. Design us a shirt that you'd love to wear to spread the love about the blues and the Project. Post a pic of your designs in the comments section of this blog post and the guys and I will choose the coolest ones to decide on. As far as rules go, let's keep it G rated (ok, PG) and let's stick to one or 2 colors, unless you just have an epic idea, in which case, go for it! Anyone that knows me knows I would.

If you need any resources at all, drop me a line at kevin (at) kevinwaide.com. And be sure to share this with your friends. The more the merrier. We'll see what we can come up with for prizes, in addition to their name being on the shirt. There's no pressing rush on this project at the moment, so take your time and wow me! Good luck and I look forward to seeing your designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment