It's the time of year when we all get together with family (most of whom we don't like or even see throughout the year) and friends and give thanks for everything we have. The last couple of years, I've noticed the trend of starting November 1 and giving thanks for one thing every day of the month. That seems like an awful lot of work to me, so I'ma just do it all right here. I'm lazy like that. :-)
- First and foremost, I'm thankful for my family and friends. We all have two different families; the one we were born into, and the one we choose (friends). I've been blessed with a multitude of both and I love every one of you, no matter how dysfunctional we all are.
- I'm thankful for music. I've been a lover of music my entire life, and I really don't know what I'd do if it were taken away. Through all my victories, defeats, and everything in between, music has been there to hold me, comfort me, and help me remember every event in my life. You can name a random song and I can tell you where I was and what I was doing the first time I heard it (well, a song from before 1995, at least). In the words of Plato, "Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything." That's how I feel about it.
- I know I stated family in number 1, but I'm especially thankful for my boys, Elijah and Michael. These two have given me as much joy as music, and to not single them out would be a lie. I love you two with all my heart.
- I'm thankful for my band. These guys show up and give 110% every time, regardless of the situation I've gotten us into, all without complaint (for the most part). This also includes band wives, as I consider you just as much a part of the band as your husbands. I love each and every one of you.
- Last, but definitely not least, I'm thankful for you. I don't wanna call you a "fan" because that seems so impersonal, so I'll call you "Music Friend." Thank you for coming to the shows, for requesting our music, buying CD's, turning your friends on to us, etc. You are who we do this for. I want to make sure to include the venue owners, promoters, and booking personnel in this one, because I'm thankful for all of you.